Pages

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Mitsubishi Pajero

Here is a picture of my new toy ... 2006 Misubishi Pajero. I believe the North American version is called a 'Montero'.



I'm lovin' my new wheels. It's pretty loaded up ... leather seats, sunroof, parking sensors that tell you when you are about to hit something (or something is about to hit you). It has "tip-tronic" shifting which means it is an automatic but with one little tip of the shifter, it is like a manual but without the clutch. I haven't used that yet because truth be known, I don't really know how. I paid 80K dirhams which is about $22k Canadian. I think that was an OK deal, I probably could have haggled that down but I loathe haggling.

Update on the options: yesterday while stuck in gridlock, I noticed a mystery button ... so I pushed it. Turns out that at the push of a button, I can retract both my side mirrors! It's the coolest thing :-)

Two days after I got it, I left the office to go home and low and behold, there was a sticky note on the window saying if I ever wanted to sell it, I should call the guy! Ha! I have not yet called. Although I could probably make a small profit from the deal, to sell it would mean paying for another month's rental on the Civic and I would be starting all over with car shopping. I loathe car shopping even more than I loathe haggling!

I had considered buying a vehicle here to export back to Canada whenever I return however on checking the Governemnt of Canada website, turns out that vehicles not specifically manufactured for the North American market are virtually impossible to import. Really high end vehicles may be a different story. Seems any regular person's vehicle newer than 15 years or so does not meet Canadian safety standards. Kinda makes me wonder about driving it here?!

And in the absense of assigned parking, I park wherever I can! Couldn't jump right up on the curb with the Civic :-)

No comments: