Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Miss Natalia

There is a coffee shop on the lower level of Emirates Tower called 'Corner 3' where I sometimes ... well, quite frequently actually ... get a coffee or breakfast or lunch or a snack or sometimes all of the above (the only other choice is Starbucks; luv my Starbucks but ya can't have vanilla lattes every day and Starbucks food is pretty average at best.)

Since I am in Corner 3 nearly every day and the same staff are usually there, they get to know the regulars. One lady named Elvie (according to her name tag) makes an effort to get to know her customers and address them by name. This is very commendable except that at some point since our "introduction", she has forgotten my name and now thinks my name is "Miss Natalia" haha

Good morning Miss Natalia.
Will that be all for you today, Miss Natalia?
Would you like something to drink with that, Miss Natalia?
Miss Natalia, the special today is turkey with mashed potatoes.

She means well and is a very nice lady. I find it humourous so I usually just go with it. One day last week I corrected her as politely as I could, we had a little laugh over it. But when I came back a couple days later ...

"Good morning, Miss Natalia!"

No comments: