Pages

Thursday, October 02, 2014

More boarder gripes

A continuation of my last post (yes I'm going to whinge some more!)

I forgot about one of the big irks that happened.  T's 'horsey' friend was hosting a clinic that we were planning to attend.  She sends me a text to make me aware that if my horse bucks he has to wear a ribbon in his tail.  First off, it is horses that kick that get the ribbon, not ones that buck.  I'm sure 'horsey' friend told her that and she was only half listening and relayed bad information to me  thinking that she was being pretty smart.  Secondly, I was already aware of that ... but nice of her to let me know just in case.  Thirdly, neither of my horses are known to kick.  They are big but generally pretty gentle and harmless.  In fact Cash once had a kitten climbing up his tail and he never even batted an eyelash.  He does get pissy at Lilly when she is circling and barking and he has cocked his leg as a warning but so far, he hasn't let it fly (when I see that happening, its back in the truck for the dawgs!)

Today's request from T was if I could trailer D for her on Sunday or if she could rent/borrow my sister's horse trailer (which is half mine.)  Her Dad will drive, etc etc.  Kind of a sob story about how she doesn't want to disappoint her son for his birthday party yada yada yada.  T has been genuinely helpful about sourcing out hay so I feel like I should reciprocate but I worry about setting a precedent with the trailer.  So I decided that I will borrow my sister's truck and bring him to the party, she can pay for the gas.  Its more work for me but that way I can return the favour, she has D for her son's party and (we, my sister and I) retain all control (real and perceived) over the trailer.  She texted back a "thanks" and she's looking at "options" ... whatever that means?  Maybe she'll find someone else to help her out.  And I'm OK with that.

Sigh.  I'm exhausted by all these little things.  I just want peace and quiet out there.

No comments: