Pages

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Hurray for Hay!

On Sunday morning I finally got a load of hay. I'm quite relieved, I've never bought hay before (other than a few small squares last month) so I didn't know where, how, how much to get, how much to pay? And it seems like there's a shortage this year so I was starting to worry. For all my griping about 'T' in the last couple posts, I have to give her credit for sourcing it out and negotiating price. I just had to arrange delivery and, of course, pay for it. I included the cost of hay in the board I'm charging which was probably a mistake now that I know how expensive it is, but that was the deal so I'll honour that for this year. I am mostly just happy not to worry that my guys will starve.

 


I spent the whole day out there on Sunday and it would have been glorious if I wasn't doing nasty clean-up of some old bales that were left there, a situation I inherited. They bothered me and they were tying up some corral panels that I really need to use elsewhere. It took all day to get thay done but I'm really happy now that it is done. The dogs ran and played and wrestled and pestered the horses and ran some more. By mid-afternoon theu were spent!  Given enough fresh air and wide open space, Lilly does eventually tire out :-)

1 comment:

KateRose said...

Hooray for hay! I have heard there is a shortage this year so it's great you got your hay situation sorted out :)