Pages

Monday, May 05, 2008

Still without wheels

An excerpt from the Dubai Residents' Guide pretty much sums up the process of getting my drivers license switched over:

"You know the drill: join the queue, get the form, get it typed, join the queue again, wait for ages, get told you're at the wrong counter, join the queue again, wait for ages, get told you have the wrong documents, start again tomorrow!"
They sure do like their paperwork here. And just when you think ya got it all figgered out, they change the rules (seriously! "New rule today" actually means, "I don't feel like doing anything right now so I won't".) I'm not talking about a driving test here either (Canadians don't have to do a test), its just paperwork. So maybe I'll be successful tomorrow ... third time lucky???

No comments: