Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Big decisions

The last few days have been tough. Getting down to the nitty-gritty details of what needs to be done in order to move overseas.

My Sweetie was here on the weekend and I told him that I am for sure going to Dubai. I wasn't exactly sure how I was going to tell him but I knew it would come up. It did. I wasn't sure how he would respond. He took it fairly well all things considered. He says he is happy for me but not happy about it. Not sure what will happen there. Turbulent times. I still have hope that he will decide to come with me.

The next major detail to figger out is the fate of my puppy. Well, not really a puppy, she's 11 years old. Wasn't until today that I really truly thought about it in ernest, up until now I just thought I'd bring her with or I would find a new home. However, I emailed with the Boxer Rescue network today (where I adopted her from) and it was suggested that neither shipping her to Dubai, nor re-homing her here were ideal options given her age and her precarious health. It may be the best thing for her to have her put to sleep. Hmmmm, I dunno 'bout that. I'm not ready. She is still full of life and love, just doesn't seem right. But if it's the best thing for her ... it will be a sad day in my world.

No comments: