Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Struggle Bus Update: What a difference a day can make!

A huge weight has been lifted, I finally got a job!  Yay!  I had an interview yesterday which didn`t seem particularly promising at the start but towards the end of the meeting, the big boss said the job is mine if I want it.  That caught me off guard and a little unprepared!

I`ve held my certificate as a Building Safety Codes Officer for a several years but wasn`t very successful at it.  I am just not `salesy` enough to find new clients and build that as a business.  This new job eliminates that, I can focus on what I do best.  Life can now move forward on a whole bunch of ways that were stalled because of my floundering career. The job doesn`t pay quite as much as I`d hoped and I still have to prove myself but in many ways its an opportunity that is even better than I could have asked for.

I may not be getting off the struggle bus for a bit longer  ... but the bus is slowing down and maybe, just maybe, it will slow down enough so I can step off :-D

No comments: