Pages

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Photo Flashback: My Girl Minka

The first dog I had as an adult was a boxer I adopted from Boxer Rescue Canada.  Her name was Minka.  She and I definitely had our moments, mostly good but a few that were not so good.  When I moved overseas I decided to rehome her rather than bring her along and a very nice couple (guardian angels!) who had recently lost their boxer took her in.  She was in good hands!  From time to time they sent me pictures and updates, she was definitely living the dream!
 
In 2010 as I was packing up to move back to Canada, they sent me a sad email letting me know that they had made the hard decision to put her to sleep.  When she still lived with me she developed tumours in her throat that were inoperable but not causing her any problems.  However they eventually did progress to the point where they were affecting her quality of life.  She was 13 years old.
 
These pictures are from 2003(?) when my (now ex-)boyfriend and I took her for a run/rollerblade around Glenmore park.  It was a very long day for her, the poor thing just laid down in the grass about 50 meters from the truck would not go any further.  I carried her the rest of the way.
 
 




No comments: