Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weather and Mosquito Bites

The fall is my favorite time of year here, the weather is awesome. When I went to the beach yesterday morning for boot camp, it was around 29 degrees, fairly low humidity, very comfortable. A portion of the boot camp session was in the sea and the water is also lovely, still very warm. During they day the temperature gets up to mid-30's which is still fairly hot but the sun is shines every day.

Some pictures from my balcony this morning:



One of the nice things about more comfortable weather is one can enjoy the outdoors again and as such, on the weekend, I opened the patio doors in my apartment for the day to let in some outdoor air. I enjoyed it immensely but there is one downside to doing this ... mosquitoes! Ya don't see them but they're around, even on the 20th floor. How do I know?


That big red blotch on the back of my arm is a mosquito bite! Yes it is very itchy. No, I have not been scratching it! No, there is no malaria or any other such other insect-borne disease in UAE (according to my doctor). Yes, its a bit freakish but it will go a way soon enough.

The last time I tried to enjoy the fresh air in my apartment, I left my doors open all night long and awoke to find dozens of bites on any patch of skin that was exposed! The following few days were the epitome of misery! Having just one bite will probably bearable and it will probably be gone in a few days.

No comments: