Pages

Saturday, October 17, 2009

More Scuba Adventures

So you may be asking yourself, what was the point of that last post? It was long, it was rambling … but it was leading to something.

Firstly, I did two more dives yesterday. Both were at ship wrecks and both were at depths I had never been before ... below 25 meters. They were on the Dubai side and both were sunk by the military during target practice to learn how to sink a ship. Obviously they succeeded! Neither wreck seems to have any information or pictures on the internet so all the more reason to get my own underwater camera.

Having completed a dive below 18m (the previous limit under my Open Water Certification) and a wreck dive, I have now completed all the criteria and I now have my Advanced Open Water Certification. Advanced Certification does not necessarily mean I am a better diver but just means I can go to more places.

Secondly, I booked a 1-week trip to Brunei and Malaysia for the upcoming public holidays of Eid al Adha and National Day in the last week of November (must take advantage of the public holidays since all my vacation time is long since gone). This time I am certain I have the qualifications to enjoy it to the max.

And one more thing: I think there should be a ban on ALL men wearing speedos in public no matter what color they are (even if you are French!!!) Its just icky.

2 comments:

Pamela said...

Hey, P - completely agree with the speedo comments!! In Hungary, the older the man, the skimpier the speedo....not so good....

Haven't read this for a while - completely entertaining as usual... take care of yourself!!

Pamela

Swami Dil said...

Glad to know you're making full use of all these amazing opportunities to do new things and live life to the fullest!!
Now, if only you could complete the LEED exam!!