Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Site Visit

You may be wondering what the heck I do with all my free time here in Dubai anyway???


Very good question. Here's my answer: I play with my video camera and my new 'puter ... and I do actually work for a living too. Here's the proof:








Two colleagues and I attended meetings in Abu Dhabi a few weeks ago and visited the site we are currently working on. The property is in a really nice location: adjacent to mass transit (train, bus AND water taxi!), views of the sea and Yas Island, the iconic "biscuit" building (one of my all-time favorites) as a neighbor, easy access to the Dubai-Abu Dhabi highway and easy commuting distance to either one ... should be a nice place to live when its complete!

(The little movie project was more about learning to make movies than anything; this was a short, easy one just to get the hang of it. Movie critics: be kind, this is only my second one ever!)



OK, I admit, its not much to look at right now, just a lot of sand and hot hot sun.

To help your imagination along, check out the model:

Dubai and Abu Dhabi must be a model builder's dream! In real life, the development is about 10 to 15 km long and the Master Developer has constructed a scale model of the whole thing (and a few of their other projects)!

Our site is in the center of the picture, the one with the oblong, arc thing on top (although that is not what the actual building will look like.)




Our neighbor, the "biscuit" building.




Our neighbour, the "biscuit" building in real life. (FYI, it is an office building.)

No comments: