Pages

Monday, March 31, 2008

Update from Minka

Hi Penella,

So nice to hear from you. Hope your move went well and you're adjusting to the new climate. Minka is doing just great. Actually surprisingly well! We were so concerned that the transition would be difficult for her - new owners, home and a cat with an attitude as a roommate. I think the biggest adjustment was for our cat. There were a few mexican stand-offs for the 1st couple of days, but now they're buddies. There has been no problem what-so-ever with the transition. I think she feels very comfortable here. We are still getting to know each other, likes and dislikes. Since we live very close to Southland dog park, she's there on a daily basis. We have even run into a few people that knew her. We thought we'd try putting her on a raw food diet since our last boxer did so well on it. Happy to say that she loves it. I've never seen a dog get so excited at meal time. She's so full of life, it's nice to see. You also weren't kidding about the snoring. Wow! The first couple of nights we put her blanket at the foot of the bed and let her sleep there. But, between her and Al, the snoring was so loud that, both nights, I had to move to another bedroom on a different level of the house. I think her and Al will have to sleep in a room of their own. So now, at bedtime, we've moved her just outside our bedroom door to a nook in the hallway. It's warm and cozy so I think she likes it. I think the real test will be when I go back to work next week and she'll be alone when Al's at work. I'll let you know how that goes. We planned to take her to the Canmore dog park last weekend (best dog park in the world, I'm sure), but unfortunately we woke up to 4" of snow Sat. morning, so we'll have to put it off for awhile. She's going to love it there. Can't wait to take her.

Anyway, all is good in Minka's little world. I'll send you some pics from Canmore when we go.

Take care
Al and Jeanette

No comments: