Pages

Friday, March 28, 2008

Touchdown in Dubai

Well, I'm here! Arrived in Dubai at 5:30 this morning (about 7:30p.m. Thursday evening for all you Albertans - about 10 hours ahead.) I was upgraded to quasi-first-class for the flight from Calgary to London which was pretty sweet! British Airways was fantastic!

I have another day off tomorrow (Saturday) and then I start my new job on Sunday -- work week here is Sunday to Thursday since Friday is the Muslim holy day.

I just have to post a BIG thank-you to everybody who helped me over the last few weeks. Reg did a TON of work at my house to help me get my renos finished. My Mom worked tirelessly helping me pack and load (or perhaps shove and cram is a better description!) all my worldly possessions into my little trailer and drove it back to Medicine Hat. Petula: Thanks again for saving my bacon from my big brain-fart (more on that another time). And to everyone who made my last days in Canada so special, it really meant a lot to me. Miss you all already!

I will write more again and add some pictures when I get my laptop charged and connected.

Later,
Pen

No comments: