Pages

Tuesday, January 02, 2018

The Struggle Bus Revisited






So, I'm feeling a bit bad about something I did a while ago that (possibly?) broke copyright law.  I used an image that I grabbed from another blog on one of my posts back in 2015.  At the time, life was sucking eggs and the "struggle bus" image kinda summed it all up.  In cleaning up some old comments and spammers recently, I came across an anonymous comment linking to someone's Flickr account and there it is. Indeed, it appears to be copyright.  Apparently the author is named Steven Rosenow.

I tried to comment there about my bad move but apparently I need to have a Yahoo account to do that (which I don't have and don't want.)  I also tried to email the guy through the Flickr page but again, Yahoo foiled that.  So I shall have to do a bit more digging to contact him and I am posting it again in the hopes that word gets back to that fine photographer that I am truly sorry I stole his intellectual property and humbly ask permission to leave it up with credit where credit is due ... or I will take it down if he so desires.

As an aside, I still ride the struggle bus once in a while as does everyone who is a human.  But the bus I ride these days is a short one and with comparatively few bumps in the road.  Back in 2015 when I made that original post, the struggle bus felt like it was long and it was careening down a crazy, winding road with no headlights and I would never get off. Thankfully it turned a corner and things are motoring along smoothly :-)

Cheers!

No comments: