Pages

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

So far so good: MPC Approval and other things

Acreage living:
I went before the Municipal Planning Commission this morning in support of my Development Permit for moving the 'new' mobile home onto the acreage.  This was necessary because the spot I want to locate the 'new' trailer is right beside a big-ass coulee and the County is reluctant to approve that.  Fortunately, the Development Officer was quite cooperative and recommended that the MPC approve it and they did that this morning.  There is still a 2-week waiting/advertising period in which anyone who opposes my application can appeal it ... but I honestly can't imagine who would do that.  I am surrounded by pasture and farmland so its not like the neighbourhood will be ruined!

Spring Cleaning:
I am diligently cleaning, sorting, organizing, packing and purging everything I own in an effort to get my house in order.  I want to list it for sale soon but there's a lot of work to be done first to make it as saleable as possible.  And for that, it has to look bigger than it is.  Which means no clutter.  The bedrooms are pretty much done but the clutter has seemingly migrated into other rooms which now need the same treatement. It also needs to be spotless and with 2 dogs and a cat that have all been shedding their winter coats for several weeks already, its kind of an uphill battle. Oy!

I owe I owe. Its off to work I go:
The new job is going well but I'm still riding the learning curve.  Lots of questions, sometimes I feel pretty smart, other times I feel pretty dumb.  But I foresee that with a bit more experience and mentoring, I will be fine.  I feel pretty lucky.

Volleyball:
Rant warning: Our season ended with a less than stellar performance in the year end tournament and a loss in Tier 4 finals.  Not unexpected since this team doesn't seem to believe in warming up before a game (or even touching the ball for that matter) and plays a system that's about as sophisticated as a bunch of Fifth graders with ball-control skills that are about the same level.  I wouldn't be so bitter except that I have tried to educate the team on several occasions on a better way (which is based on my experience being coached by national team players, having played co-ed ball on a team of ex-college championship men and assistant coaching at the club level, not to mention just playing A LOT of v-ball back in the day) however no one was really interested and the team "leader" dismissed my suggestions quite unceremoniously by implying that I don't play my position well.  Kind of offended.  So when we were up against a Tier 1 team and we had a huddle to "strategize" I couldn't help but roll my eyes.  Whatever. We're not going to beat a Tier 1 team.  We're just not.  All the strategizing in the world ain't gonna save our butts in that match!  To summarize, it was not a fun season.  Glad its over and next year I hope to find a different (better) team to play with.

End of rant.



1 comment:

KateRose said...

That is wonderful news about the trailer, my fingers are crossed for final approval!

Sorry to hear about the v-ball team. I'm sure you can find a better team next round :)

How are the ponies doing? :)