Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Lilly's Head Update: Vet Follow Up

Well there's good news and bad news after Lilly's follow up with the vet.

The Bad:
The muscle deterioration on the right side of her head has progresses even with a high dose Prednisone and has started on the left side now too. She will probably never regain those muscles so will always look a little goofy (which is really the least of my worries) and according to the research, she will need to be on the drugs indefinitely. The drugs are very hard on her, she's had numerous side effects and its making her irritable (she snapped at me a few days ago when I woke her up from a nap, that is very out if character; not acceptable behavior but I can kinda understand.). She has a very bulgey mid-section, I'm told that's from an enlarged liver which is worrisome.

The Good:
Although she has deteriorated a bit, it is not affecting her ability to open her jaw yet. And we have reduced the dosage in half and that seems to be easing the side effects. More and more, the old Lilly is coming back. Yay! She plays more with Diesel, plays with her toys, tries to play with the Kitty! If we can maintain this and have it keep her healthy, then I think that's the best we can hope for. Its still "wait and see" but its not as bleak as it was last week.

Some pictures of my little Dent Head :-)...



No comments: