Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

More Moose (mooses? meese?)

Throughout the entire summer, we had a grand total of 2 moose sightings: once, a cow and her calf darted off into the trees before we could even get a look at them and another time we spotted a bull in the pond at the edge of the trees.  He headed towards the Belgian horses who were in the same fence but thought better of it when he realized there were two of them and, pound for pound, either one of them could have given him a run for his money.  He trotted off in the other direction over the hill and was gone.

Within the last 2 weeks, the moose seem to have come out of hiding.  They're everywhere!  


Today I caught a glimpse of the 3 'loitering' moose that Sweetie warned me about (and "moose" is the correct plural for it.)  These guy/gals (a bull and 2 cows) have been hanging around almost every day about a kilometer from our place and very near to where I had my 'close encounter' last week.  Sweetie sees them almost every day when he goes to work early in the morning but normally I don't see them cuz I don't normally 'do' early.  However, today they were still out and about when I returned home from a mid-morning trip into town so I took a few pix with my crackberry (sorry about the poor quality).

As well, early this morning (OK, sometimes I do get up early), there were 2 more moose -- a cow and calf -- chowing down in the pasture just across the fence from our trailer.

Like I said they are fascinating to watch ... from a distance.

No comments: