Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Change is good? Not always!

Rant alert!!!

I have taken tons of video over the last 2 years since I got my camera and in the past it was pretty easy to upload video clips directly to my blog (editing with the [bleeping] Panasonic/Sony software is another story and the subject of a future rant). I kinda like making "mini-movies" with my camera and over the months, I've created a few that I'd like to share here.

At some point, Blogger decided to "improve" things and changed the way videos are uploaded.  I prefer to upload my clips directly to my blog (the other method is via You Tube) but I have had no success uploading since this change.  Nuttin'.  Zero.  Zip.  Nada.  Grrrr!  For whatever reason, the blogger FAQ and help sections have not caught up with the 'improvements'.  I spent more than a few hours in this dead end loop:

upload video clip
"failed to upload" error message
Google it to find a solution
upload again, different file format
error message
Google it again, different search term
upload
error
Google
upload
error
beat my head against a wall
Google ...

This morning I conceded defeat ... partly.  I discovered a website called "vimeo" which is like You Tube but geared towards professionals, artists and shmoes like me who prefer a respectful and supportive community (ever read some of the comments posted on You Tube?  Nuff said).  I'm going to attempt to upload my mini-movies there and link to them here and with any luck, I'll have some fresh new content!!

Here goes ...

No comments: