Pages

Thursday, December 04, 2008

Some Random Photos from the last few months

My Mom visited Dubai in October. When she wasn't busy hemming my pants or cleaning my apartment or shopping for gifts for the kids or scouring the city for a drain plug that fit my kitchen sink, we went to see some of the sights of Dubai.

Mom at the new Atlantis Resort Hotel on the Palm Jumeirah.



Mom and I went "dune bashing" on a Desert Safari. Don't worry, they provide the drivers!



Mom's henna tattoo.



Mom and I having brunch at Mercato Mall.


Mom at Jumeirah Beach in Dubai.


Flat Stanley at Jumeirah Beach in Dubai. Sadly, when you are a paper-and-jiffy-marker man, big waves from the sea are not your friend :-(


Shortly after my Mom went home, my Sweetie arrived for a 3 week visit. For the first week he was here (my birthday week!), we went to Jordan.



This is one of my favorites. Our first glimpse of the Dead Sea. Later, we went for a little dip in the sea ... or rather a "float".



Warning signs along the Dead Sea highway.



Sweetie and I at Mount Nebo in Jordan.


Petra was one of the highlights of Sweetie's visit. There he is ... lower right-hand corner, checking out the rocks.


One day while I was at work, Sweetie went to check out the Dubai Zoo. Yup, them turtles are doing exactly what it looks like ... haha!



My Sweetie is a silly silly shutterbug :-)

No comments: