Pages

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Update from Minka: In a Better Place


I emailed the people who have Minka to see how she is doing. I kinda miss her and wanted to know how she's doing. Dubai is not a very dog-friendly place, at least not for big dogs however I see them around once in a while. There are not many places to take them, most rental accommodation do not allow them and it is extremely hot ... a pet left in a vehicle would not last more than 5 minutes without the air conditioning. To bring her here would not have been a good choice.



I got a vey nice response and some photos from her new home telling me about her summer. Not only is she alive and kicking, she seems to be thriving which is great news! I knew they would be a good home which made leaving her behind much easier. I thought I was a pretty good "doggy-mommy" but these people got me beat. They are spoiling her rotten!

They take her to Canmore dog park frequently (oh how she loves the dog park!), they took her on their road trip to Saskatoon (she loves road trips and car rides), they started her on a RAW food diet with a special menu recommended by a "doggy nutritionist" (oh how she loves her food!) and the icing on the cake ... they bought her an orthopedic dog bed! She is definitely in heaven.


They also say that they have been able to leave her out of her crate while they are away. There were a few "accidents" at first but if they leave the TV on, she is OK. That is great news for her! I tried for so long to find a solution other than keeping her in the crate and it looks they have found a way.

Deciding what to do with her was such a tough thing and I knew that putting her down was just not right. I thank my lucky stars that these people came along and are giving her a few more good years and I know she is giving them all kinds of love and drool and sleepless nights because of the loud snoring :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good good good......